Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The bump from hell!!

OK so Jason woke up the other morning and had this egg on the back of his head. He said it hurt. He couldn't turn his head in that direction either. SO all day he kept saying "its a tumor" Does he thinks that funny. Apparently!

So fast forward to last night. He is so concerned about it (not that I'm not) he googles brain tumors and gets this:

  1. Headache, which is often generalized. It is persistent and worsens with activity, such as straining. It is often worse at night or in the early morning.
  2. Vomiting, which may or may not be associated with nausea. It is more common in children than adults.
  3. Seizures, in an adult without a history of seizures, strongly suggests a brain tumor. Appropriate examinations, including CT or MRI scans, should be done promptly.
  4. Change in mental ability or personality, that may be obvious to the family and not to the patient, or vice versa.
  5. Lethargy
  6. Other: The other category of symptoms has to do with the tumor's location and the pressure effects it produces on nearby structures. There are many types of local symptoms, including: weakness of various parts of the body, especially an arm or a leg
    difficulties in coordination or balance : impairment of memory : various vision defects
    speech problems : changes in sensation : in the case of brain stem tumors - defects in the functioning of nerves that exit from the base of the brain.

So out of that group he has had: the headache (seriously had one for 2 wks) Vomiting (no but he felt like he had to because of the headache) Other (it says int here weakness to various body parts especially an arm) He had tingling in his arm for like 2 wks. SO he is on his way to the Dr's now.

Just think of us today that this is something simple.... Thanks.

Update: Went to the Er and the Dr "thinks" its nothing

serious! SO glad he gets paid mega fucking dollars

to have "think" come out of his mouth. DO some test douche bag

and fix my husband. So long story short he is on anti-biotic

and warm compresses! ARGH!

3 comments:

The Little Wife said...

Oh my goodness, I hope he is ok. I will keep him and you in my thoughts. Keep me posted and let me know if there is anything I can do.

The Little Wife said...

Phew! I'm so glad E. I hope he feels better soon.

FoxFamilyFive said...

OMG. I know it's not funny at all. But I had to laugh (in a dark humor sort of way). Every time I read the list of symptoms for Brain Tumors I just chuckle. There's really no point in promoting brain tumor awareness if docs aren't willing to rule them out. KWIM?

We FOUGHT for 2 1/2 years to figure out what was wrong with Hadley. She started having small seizures around 9 months old...we didn't find her tumor until she was 3 1/2. RIDICULOUS. But, every doc we saw said "it's most likely this, that or the other thing..." Of course it's not MOST LIKELY a brain tumor but that doesn't mean it's not. Argh.

Sorry...I'll step off my soap box now.

Hope that the "nothing serious" clears up soon!