Saturday, January 5, 2008

PCS

WHY... why do you start thinking about it a year a head of time. Get your hopes set on this one place that you really want and then you end up not even picking it. LOL! I am excited to see where we go next. Jason is taking the May SWE (for all you civilians, its the test he takes so he can advance higher in rank, it's kind of a big deal) this time around he is taking it to move up to Chief! Ah... 9 Yrs ago... we were punk ass kids who had NO clue. Now I feel like we are ....... well "grown ups" (when did that happen)

Places we are thinking about are all scattered around. We are not revealing some. Others are like Niagara, NY : Buffalo, NY : Coos Bay, OR : Eureka, CA : Northern Fl. and some more. We have a talk about once a week about it. Sad thing is we don't pick till Oct! LOL!

We want to be closer to family, we really do but we have to look at what & where is going to benifit Jason's career. We can visit, they can visit (yada yada blah blah) Its just a point in time where we have to "think about ourselves"

I love living on the island, I have such good friends here but I am excited to see where we land next. Hopefully this time around I can get my Ack friends to visit. Being here when all their babies are born and then moving away and missing the achievements they make hurts. I figure this...if we get West Coast, The Potter's can just take an extended vacation when they visit family and come see us too. The Ard's I will just bribe, not sure with what but I will figure something out =)

If we move West Coast, for the 1st time in 10yrs I will be able to meet Jason's Aunt & Uncle and see his other Uncle and Aunt!! They will get to see Ethan & Jocelyn!! THAT is exciting!

Ok... I am done rambling..off to spend a Saturday with the family.

No comments: